Apple’s planned press conference today was for nothing more than the iPhone 5 as exected – and the new range of iPods.
Here’s the low-down of what it’s bringing to the table this year;
- Taller 4-inch retina IPS display
- New Apple A6 CPU (specs unconfirmed)
- 18% thinner body coming it at 7.6mm (iPhone 4S = 9.3mm) with full dimesnions of 123.8 x 58.6 (iPhone 4S = 115.2 x 58.6)
- First phone to use the nanoSIM
- Dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi connectivity up to 150mbps
- 1.2 megapixel front-facing camera (iPhone 4S = 0.3mp)
- 4G (LTE) connectivity with Everything Everywhere providing 4G access within the UK
- iOS 6 at launch
- September 21st worldwide release
- $199-399 price point across 2-year contracts
If any specs are not listed here, that’s because they’re the same as the iPhone 4S, sadly that stands true for the rear camera too. If you want to take a closer look at the development of the iPhone 5, then click around… here.