I run through and complete the Urban Pro levels, all with five stars each. Complete with...
The “closed” beta for Uncharted 3 opened up to the world earlier today and along with it we’ve gotten a patch. Versin 1.02 of the beta, now live, includes the following fixes and content updates:
- Last place team in Three Team Deathmatch now gets placed into Observer Mode in Sudden Death
- Disabled the accumulation of medals to stack Medal Kickback activations. Now, if your Medal Kickback is waiting to be activated, you cannot earn more medals that count towards your Medal Kickback counter until you have activated your current Medal Kickback. Players will still be awarded medals
- Disabled the activation of a Power Play after 40 kills have been reached in Team Deathmatch
- Increase the minimum time between Power Plays activating from 30 seconds to 60 seconds
- Made updates to reduce the long Matchmaking wait times some players were experiencing
- Fixed an issue where some in-game objects would not be able to be picked up by players
- Fixed an issue where the idol in Plunder would not reset properly. The Plunder idol will now reset to one of the specified idol spawn points
- Fixed an issue in which the team with the least amount of kills could potentially win in Sudden Death even if they finished the game with less kills than the first place team
- Fixed issue with the game timer hitting 0:00 in Co-op Hunter and the match not ending properly
- Fixed instances where some players would take damage through the shield in Co-op matches
- Fixed issues which caused some players to experience trouble connecting to Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where some PS3 consoles would hard reset under certain circumstances
- Added support for early generation HDTV sets that do not support 720p by enabling 1080i upscaling
- Change “Found Player” notification to reflect the actual player ID in the Matchmaking screen after having completed a match
- Reduce the waiting time before the vote count down after a match from 30 seconds to 15 seconds
- Added an option in the Display menu for disabling Uncharted TV
- Sound from Uncharted TV now plays through TV output instead of the headset
- Enabled Facebook functionality that was temporarily disabled. Players can now use their PS3 linked Facebook accounts to view the online status of their Facebook friends, send invites, and join parties
- Invite notification now appears in the Multiplayer Lobby. Notification will appear as a red asterix in the Invites tab.
- Added an icon in the upper right corner of the screen to indicate that your buddy wants to High Five. Only appears when you and your buddy have created a “buddy kill” situation and the blue “buddy kill” icon appears on your screen.
- New font for in-game text and menus
- Added additional data tracking to aid analysis of matches, player behavior, and other technical information by Naughty Dog
Seeing how the beta was already impressive, this is ends up being icing on the cake for Naughty Dog. If you haven’t checked it out yet for some ridiculous reason, go do it now.