Platforms
Editorials
New Dante Must Live

Editors Note:

Its fair to have both sides of the argument with the new Dante appearance, so we got two different Authors who feel the opposite ways. You can read the other side here.

Good Morning everyone! When waking up this morning after the awesome night during both EA and Capcom’s press conference. I saw around the internet that this whole DmC and Dante’s new look is a very bad idea and that people really don’t like his new look or think he is a pansy with emo style haircut and clothes. I have to say that Dante’s new look will be a good thing for the DmC series/reboot. This reboot will show what Dante’s true beginnings will be.

Dante’s New Look for the beginning:

This time around Dante will be somewhat of a teenager between the ages of 18 to 21. People are going around that he is a pansy and people would like to see him die but, that’s not the case here. The case here is that, this is a reboot of the DmC series.   This could possibly be Dante’s first look and insight of the world he sees. Dante will always be a badass rebel that everyone loves and knows. People just don’t see that this can really be part of the story, plus in the trailer it shows Dante being chained and asking “what’s your name.” This will have some insight of what and how Dante became to be. Overall, this new look for Dante shows the dark gritty world that he lives in and how messup the world could be.

New Dante Must Live:

People think that this is a slap to the face of the DmC series and to the fans but, it’s not. People are just blind to see the overview of the game. In the stand point, I may be alone in this fight to save new Dante but, you must be really shallow to not understand the setting and time of this new Devil May Cry game. Capcom and Ninja Theory are working hard on this title and I give them my full support of this reboot of the DmC series. Dante’s new look, style, setting, and story will be dark and gritty to the bone with the badass feel that shows he can still kick demonic ass and save the world once again. Hopefully, Capcom and Ninja Theory is listening and not change Dante’s new look. Start the New Dante Must Live Movement!

CLOSING NOTE:

Overall, I do feel that the New Dante is the start of something new. This change does show that people do fear change and people really do get upset that one of their icons is changing in something they don’t like.  But really you guys must understand that this is a reboot after all and this will showcase how the game will play like. This is way different from the infamous 2 cole, just to get things straight. If don’t support Ninja Theory and Capcom’s ideas, you might not be fans after all. Give the game a chance people; don’t be so shallow and blind. Now that is said and done let the flaming begin.

• Delicious
  • Facebook
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Digg
  • Technorati

seven + = 10

16 Comments to “ New Dante Must Live ”

• Yamagata September 16, 2010 at 12:12 am Like or Dislike Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

Blah, blah…”. If don’t support Ninja Theory and Capcom’s ideas, you might not be fans after all.” .Who are you to say who’s a real fan and who’s not?. There’s no room for crticism?. The new Dante just sucks.

• Joseph Jessup September 16, 2010 at 12:20 am Like or Dislike Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

I just say change his hair to white everything else is fine

• jimbob September 16, 2010 at 12:29 am Like or Dislike Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

imagine a new dirty harry film with a pansy cop…

• Link01 September 16, 2010 at 12:34 am Like or Dislike Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0
  • cell989 September 16, 2010 at 12:59 am Like or Dislike Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

nope fail article, its because Im a fan that I feel betrayed by Capcom. They think their going to just shove anything they want down our throats and we are just going to smile and take it? lets look at the track record, resident Evil 5?(tank controls) Lost Planet 2?(mediocre story) Super Street Fighter 4(Street Fighter 4 x2 purchase) and now this? If they were a company that cared about their fans, they would have asked us for our opinion, not a third party GD. You dont get Samus and turn her into a man just to compete with Halo, you dont get Kratos and turn him into Barbie to appeal the female audience, you dont turn Mario into a space marine to make an FPS, you dont turn Snake into a Disney character to add him to the latest Pixar movie. Than why the F do you turn Dante into Willard the rat master just to appeal the emo-twilight audience?

PS: they could at least started a whole new franchise instead

• lucas September 16, 2010 at 1:22 am Like or Dislike Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

i think that the new dante rocks, i only played devil may cry 4, and i actually quit playing once i got to dante’s half of the game. DMC4 really didnt get me interested in the series as a whole, poor writing and a boring story really put me off. i like the direction of this game and i think that his new weapon is badasss cus it has a ton of potential for mixing things up. i also wasnt crazy about bayonetta so i hope it wont go anywhere in that direction either, but anyways, i have my eye on DMC

• bowserone September 16, 2010 at 2:19 am Like or Dislike Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

gota agree with the writer one hundred percent im a huge dmc fan! and when i saw this i grinned….taking what we know and making it into the exact opposite? giving us a different punkish dante? hmmmmm interesting. also as far as ppl bitching about quality..its ninja theory behind this one boys and girls , so the quality is assured damn near from the get go….not like capcom trusted some lackluster studio (ahem the guys behind the splatterhouse reboot) and if u recall dmc 2 was done in capcom studio’s…..and was terrible….so maybe a fresh new take is what we need cuz honestly had they just given me more of the same for dmc 5 i would have just rented it. cant be afraid to go new directions folks. also if ninja theory backs down (which their not the infamous team so they wont lol) i wont buy the game. stick with your vision guys. so far we got a retro pinkish Dante….so far i see no change from what made the original so great. the naysayers dont even know the specifics of the game and area already fumming at the mouth…watch it come out and blow expectations away.

• jak d ripr September 16, 2010 at 2:52 am Like or Dislike Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

Nice article, glad to see some people in the gaming community are not afraid of change, and to cell989, wtf are you talking about? resident evil 5 used resident evil 4′s controls and if you recall re 4 was considered one of the best games of last generation and probably the best re ever. Lost planet 2′s story was mediocre, but so was lost planet 1′s and super street fighter 4 is not a rip off, go do some research and you’ll see. Oh and lol at the twilight fans comment, because thats the demographic that developers are aiming their games at.

Anyway me personally i am completely neutral on this new dante, i don’t like it i don’t hate it I will wait till i know more about it and more importantly i will wait till i see how this new game plays before i make my opinion.

• ferelinstincts September 16, 2010 at 4:10 pm Like or Dislike Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

It would be so awesome to get a new DMC game! Not too sure on the new look tho. :|

• bianchi September 17, 2010 at 1:39 pm Like or Dislike Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

I also agree with you, all the haters should just give new dante a chance, i am loving the new dante of course i also love the old one, and i think the new one should live D:

• Murpho September 22, 2010 at 5:16 pm Like or Dislike Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

I don’t like the new dante, i don’t know what it is i just look at him……oh wait actually i do know what it is he looks like an emo who does to much drugs etc etc what everyone else has said because they are right his new look does suck. Frankly it probably wouldn’t bother me that much if he had is original hair colour. The game itself looks good the story looks intresting, I will buy this game but i will not WILL NOT accept this new look for the obviously abundent reasons. And as for this whole making him look cool because the old Dante didn’t look cool and he couldn’t walk into a bar without being laughed at what a load of rubbish. I wan’t the old suave not guna slit his wrists Dante back.

• Alex Longden October 28, 2010 at 5:46 pm Like or Dislike Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

Iam upset with the new dante he looks like michael jackson with his hair cut short and I never bought heavenly sword coz the demo was crap, I think capcom have gone downhill and gone against everything dmc coz in dmc 4 dante hinted with his hand that he and nero would meet again, looks like it was thrown clean out the window. Iam joining a petition sum1 has made to keep white haired dante & scrap this emo one , it’s got a good few votes so far

• Hakumen November 25, 2012 at 10:26 am Like or Dislike Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

Let me pick out points on why this post shouldn’t even be here.

You start off with a valid argument. You explain that it is a reboot of DmC, but that itself is not a good reason to completely change the “badass rebel that everyone loves and knows.” With that said, he is no longer the same character we have played. In what way do you see that is he is still the same Dante we know, other than the name and fighting style? If it is truly a reboot, then he would not even be the Dante we know and love, because that is the definition of a reboot: to make it so that it has “no references to earlier version(s).” With this definition in mind, half of your post is already invalid. Then you go on to insult all of us fans who do not support the new DmC. You start off with calling us blind, shallow, and criticizing our love for the old DmC games. Then you move on to give little reason (or any at all) why YOU support the new DmC. Your post is not even persuasive in any way. I see grammatical and punctuation errors throughout the whole post. Maybe you should try convincing people instead of derogating them. Did you get paid to write this post? Did it take you 5 minutes? I doubt your own beliefs even remotely coincides with your call to “Start the New Dante Must Live Movement!”

• JustaGamer November 27, 2012 at 3:51 pm Like or Dislike Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

I’ve come to peace with the whole new DmC reboot. I know NT and Capcom have done a stellar job on the new game. I’m interested to see how the beloved Dante and Vergil characters hold up. But deep down I know 2 things. Firstly, DmC is Devil May Cry thru and thru, from the cling of the swords to the combat and gameplay features, and I have no issue with it. Secondly, I know the new Dante is cool is his own way, but old Dante, specifically with the voice of Reuben Langdon, this is not. The style and attitude are missing, and I guess it’s just the way it is. Vergil will not be Vergil either, but in my heart and the heart of many gamers, the original DMC timeline stands forever, whether it be the top knotch games, characters, anime or just simply it’s iconic style.
      I own all DMC games, plus the HD remake, and anime. I have today pre-ordered DmC and look forward to playing this fresh take on a stellar and proven franchise.
      On a side note, I will always miss the original Dante and cast.of DMC.
      I’m sure some people feel the same about the new Tomb Raider reboot, and some will feel the same when Metal Gear Solid or Halo will one day be rebooted. Not everything needs a reboot, whether it be movie or game, but its the world we live in and that’s a topic for another day.

• Hakumen November 29, 2012 at 2:13 pm Like or Dislike Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

I appreciate your insight, your open mind, and your time in replying. You are a true fan of DmC. What you speak is true. But every time I take a look at the new Dante, I just go back into blazes. I don’t think he should be defended, but that’s just me. It’s okay though, I’ve decided to “come to peace” with it too. Thank you for your reply.

• JustaGamer November 29, 2012 at 4:26 pm Like or Dislike Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

No problem mate. If you haven’t seen it already, I recommend you watch the DEvil My Cry anime. It’s 12 episodes long and you get it really cheap on DVD or blu ray. Reuben Langdon does the voice of Dante under a diff credit name and is excellent in capturing Dante’s character like he does in DMC3. Also, some bits are very interesting, and the opening credits music never gets old. I’ll write about it real soon.

x